Forum – Ask Your Question Here!

Separation Move


So, I'm separating and going to be moving to a completely different state than where my home of record is. Will the Air Force still cover most or part of it? I was told they go off of both weight AND distance, but I just don't know how to go about figuring that out.



I believe the Air Force will pay for you to separate to your home of record or your place of entry. Even if you move somewhere else, you still should get the equivalent amount of money to move to your home of record or place of entry. So pick whatever one is further and use that on your separating forms. If the place you are moving to is closer than you should you receive enough to cover your move. Don't quote me on this but I believe this is how it works!